We are a group of enthusiastic people who are fascinated by the diversity of life, in form and function. This fascination in combination with our passion for basic science has brought us together here. People in the lab have diverse interests under the overarching theme of behavioural ecology.
Appointments and Academic History
- Oct 2020: Associate Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Mohali.
- 2013 - 2020: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Mohali.
- 2013: NSF postdoctoral fellowship* at Syracuse University, USA (*declined).
- 2013: Research Associate, School of Natural Sciences and Engineering, NIAS, Bangalore.
- 2011 - 2012: Post-doctoral intern, IEBES, University of Zurich.
- 2011: Visiting Postdoc, School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol.
- 2010 - 2011: Research Associate, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- 2004 - 2011: Ph.D. student, CES, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Sujata is a trained taxonomist and she studied the taxonomy of moths belonging to superfamily Bombycoidea (Order: Lepidoptera) from North-Western India for her Ph.D. Her research at BEL focuses on moth diversity, distribution and taxonomy. At BEL she co-supervised the a Masters thesis student (Deepak Negi) and is currently co-supervising another Masters thesis student (Ankush Sharma).
- 2013 - 2018: Ph.D. Dept. of Zoology, Punjabi University, Patiala.
- 2011-2012: B.Ed. Government College of Education, Jalandhar.
- 2009-2011: M.Sc. Zoology, Khalsa College, Amritsar.
- 2006-2009: B.Sc. Adarsh Bhartiya College, Pathankot
Ph. D. Students
All of them need to conduct extensive fieldwork to collect data and do extensive lab-based signal and statistical analyses to interpret the data.
BEL is truly diverse, with the 9 members of the lab representing 8 different states of India!